HOLY WEBSITE PROMO, BATMAN!! The BAT-BLOG is still teamed-up with ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER! OK, not the actual character but the actor who played him in the 1966 Batman TV Series, Burt Ward! For the next few weeks we'll feature a few different contests to help promote Burt Ward's brand-new website. It's called ROBINTHEBOYWONDER.COM & it has a lot of neat information, trivia, & merchandise. Plus, right now, it's about the only place to get Burt Ward-autographed items because he's taking a break from the whole comic book convention circuit thing. While there you can find many signed items like photos, books, & even some Hot Wheels 1966 Batmobile Cars. You might remember last week we gave away a signed-copy of his bio-book, "Boy Wonder, My Life in Tights". This week we're giving away an Official Black & White 8 X 10 Photo that has the authentic "Burt Ward - Robin" Autograph! Now, please excuse my bad picture here but this Bat-item up for grabs is really an extremely sharp, very nice quality, photo showing the "Behind The Scenes" antics from the making of the '66 TV Show. Remember the classic skit where Batman & Robin were climbing up the side of a Gotham City building? They did that by walking on a fake building facade that was on the ground with a background of the sky turned sideways. The camera was also turned on it's side creating the illusion that they were "GOING UP the building". Yes, I know, ha ha, great stuff! This photo shows the set, actors, camera crew, & even the wires that helped to keep Batman & Robin's capes "falling down" ( they had to make the capes look like they were draping down from the gravity )...very cool! Now, here are the simple rules: Just e-mail us your full name / address with the phrase "ROBIN THE BOY WONDER B&W PHOTO" in the title. The contest will run until Sunday, June 7th, 2009 & will end at 11:30 pm Central Time. Then, the next morning a winner will be randomly drawn & announced here on June 8th. Please keep in mind that this contest is separate from the previous one so you have to enter again if you wanna try to win this photo. Also, unlike the signed book, this contest is open to everybody. Click on the e-mail button to send us your entry & then afterward be sure to click on the "Robin, The Boy Wonder" button to visit Burt's new website!
- The contest is open to the general public as well as anyone currently reading the BAT-BLOG on a daily basis. Employees of the Bat-Blog and employees' immediate family members and persons with whom such employees are domiciled are excluded from this contest.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.
- By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture date storage) which Bat-Blog may deem appropriate.
- In accepting the prize, the winner, and any reader(s), acknowledges that the Bat-Blog may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize.
- The person whose name is drawn as being the winner of the specific prize will be required to send us their correct mailing information before the prize is awarded to them. Postage to be paid, free of charge, by the Bat-blog.
- Detailed contest rules applicable to this contest, including contest entry dates, how to enter, and prize value, number and any restrictions applicable to these prizes are available upon request by reading these Contest Rules, ha ha!
- The Bat-Blog retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
- This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- The Bat-Blog reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
- Approximate value of prize varies.
- Contest open to loyal Bat-Blog Readers only.
- One entry per person, per household.