Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stan Lee Lives! Gets a Pacemaker





Last week, our nerd alarms went into full alert, when word broke out that the all-father of comics Stan Lee had to cancel all convention appearances due to “serious circumstances”. Naturally, we assumed the worst. Was our friendly neighborhood “Stan the Man” meeting the end of his glorious and illustrious life? No. Not possible. Legends never die, right?



Worry not true believers. Stan Lee is doing A-ok!



Stan Lee released a statement to his fans letting them know why he had to cancel his appearances, and assured that he would be around for another 90-years to come:



Attention, Troops!



This is a dispatch sent from your beloved Generalissimo, directly from the center of Hollywood's combat zone!



Now hear this! Your leader hath not deserted thee! In an effort to be more like my fellow Avenger, Tony Stark, I have had an electronic pace-maker placed near my heart to insure that I'll be able to lead thee for another 90 years.



But fear thee not, my valiant warriors. I am in constant touch with our commanders in the field and victory shall soon be ours. Now I must end this dispatch and join my troops, for an army without a leader is like a day without a cameo!



Thank Jeebus he’s still kickin’. I really can’t handle thinking of a world without Stan Lee. I love how his life has impacted pop culture, and what a model of humanity he is. He’s the kindest, sweetest man alive. Always positive, cheerful, humble and funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment