Monday, December 16, 2013

My Chris Butcher Airport Interview!

1 April 2010


Wow. Just wow.


I was at Wellington Airport this week for work when I ran into Chris Butcher. He's New Zealand's gift to the Halo Universe. A genius at networking code or some thing, Chris was back in NZ for a quick holiday with his family before the final Halo Reach crunch began.

I approached him in my work suit, said hello and he thought I was I some kind of airport official. Confusion resolved, I asked him for an autograph and a lil surprised, he obliged.

I asked him about how Reach was going and he told me a few things which are a bit of a news scoop to be honest!
  • If you get all the Reach Game Achievement Points, instead of a Katana sword, you get a flaming head like Bungie employees had in Halo 3 matchmaking.
  • Recon will be available from the get go if you unlocked it in Halo 3.
  • Campaign wise, there will be a level which has a Flood incident that needs containment. This really surprised me as hereto, there has been no mention of the Flood being on Reach.
I wondered if Chris was pulling my leg a bit so I asked him if Mr Chief 117 would be in the game and he said, there are actually 7 members of Team Noble....

Then he found a cabbie with his name on a placard and left me with a piece of paper signed, See Ya Round, Sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment