Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cosplay Camp (and a Little Sword Tutorial)





Oh No! Manga Cosplay Camp 2012 will be starting in a few hours, and I've managed to create a cosplay prop sword from my premier series, "Karma"!

I encourage everyone to attend as I will also be taking pictures of the cosplayers attending to be featured on Cosplay Holic. But of course, not everyone is from the Philippines, so I decided that I should add the sword tutorial for this post as well.



It's not a formal tutorial, but you can find my work in progress posts in my blog:


  • Initial skeleton and strengthening
  • Blade finishing
  • Hilt: the cross guard, hand guard, and pommel
  • Design detailing
  • Painting
  • Final Result

A formal tutorial should be posted in a few days. For now, I'll leave you guys with this, and if you have any questions, you can post a comment here or in each of my blog posts for anything specific.



See you at Cosplay Camp! ( -*)


IceRocket Tags: cosplayer, cosplay holic, role, play, roleplay, costume, anime, manga, game, series, character, photographer, photo, photography, feature, karma, tutorial, sword, fire blade, blank design, facebook, cross guard, target, cosplayers, holic, cosplay, hilt, final result, finishing touches, work in progress, skeleton, few days, philippines, blog, formal tutorial, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment