Tuesday, June 3, 2014

VINTAGE BATMAN TOY - The 1966 HOT LINE BATPHONE By MARX




Here are some really great pics I thought I would share today. You know, to totally torture you, ha ha! This is an extremely cool vintage 1960's toy that I bet some of you might have had this when you were a small child. This is the BATMAN HOT LINE BATPHONE!! It came out during the craze of the 1966 Batman TV Show & kids at that time totally loved it! It was made by the Classic Toy Company, LOUIS MARX & CO. It's a battery-operated device where, when you press a button, it would say 10 different sayings or phrases - stuff like, "We can never let the people down!, This is our kind of fight!, Depart in haste - Boy Wonder!, They'll never remove the bat mask!, Go thaw Mr. Freeze!, & (my favorite) Go ZAP those greasy criminals!" I wonder if there's a YouTube video of the TV Commercial ( if they made a TV ad ) or maybe somebody created a MP3 of the sounds, who knows? It would be great to hear them again. By the way, these pics were sent to me by a friend to totally torture me. You see, he knows that I don't have this thing & I really want one. Thanks Jim, you made me cry. I hope you're happy now, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment